Monday 10 September 2012

50% yawn 50% routine

This blog writing nonsense can actually be difficult at times.  I was hoping to knock one of these out about once a week, but I think 2 weeks or so has gone by already.  Sometimes the motivation isn't really there.  Actually, its not that there isn't any motivation, but there's not much going on and therefore no awesome stories.  But then again I did originally say this blog was meant "to put people to sleep," so boring posts may help me achieve that.  I've also started writing "press releases" for our Point Grey website in addition to this.  Maybe that's where my creative effort has disappeared to.  Truth be told, my articles are actually quite pathetic.  I can't get beyond three or four sentences.  The formula goes like this.

1.  Person A will run a race on such and such a day
2.  The weather will be.... (old people like the weather)
3.  Person A hopes to do... insert goal here
4.  Other random fact, like other contenders or some info about the race itself.  Add a picture!!

So that said, every club should be able to have a wicked website with up to date race results and news articles because they only take about 2 minutes to do.  Oh, and if your really smart about it you can subtly get a quote from people via emails and text messages or twitter or whatever media friendly platform people enjoy these days.



Other then that, the last couple have weeks have gone by quickly without too many running related hiccups.  We're finally getting close to racing as well.  Less then two weeks until the Zoo Run/Canadian 10k in Toronto.  I'm looking forward to that one as its been a couple months without any racing.  And unlike the winter/spring of 2012 where I raced 15 times or so I only have 3 or 4 races on the schedule for the fall.  More time to train well with more selective races.  I think I'll likely run the BC cross country championships and then the Canadian cross championships at the end of November.  I like the mud and crappy weather so its hard to pass on that one.   I don't care to write about training specifics and workouts but maybe I'll do some kind of race report or something after my races.  Like I pointed out above, they are really easy to do!  Plus, now I don't have to update this blog for nearly two weeks again.  Awesome.

They have elephants at the Toronto Zoo. Will it be the best cool down ever?

1 comment:

  1. * Elephants not necessarily included:
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2012/07/23/toronto-elephants-zoo.html

    ReplyDelete