Thursday 2 August 2012

94% junk, 6% radical

This is the birthday blog, so automatically it has a little less garbage. 

I couldn't give a rats ass about birthdays because it's really nothing more then another day in the year.  However, they have one valuable aspect in my opinion.  I use this one particular day every year to make up some pretty bad and relatively unachievable resolutions.  (Last years was to shave more often and I haven't had a shave in 10 weeks).  I most definitely prefer using the birthday over New Years because while both days are absolutely pointless (lets face it, the only thing that changes is a digit or two) the birthday is at least a bit more personal.  This years resolutions include; once again, shaving on a regular basis, meeting a nice girl and going on a few dates (which should hopefully encourage me to shave more often), and running my ass off more then last year.  Lets expand on the running thing.

The nice thing about a summer birthday is that it falls between seasons (track and cross country) so its an ideal time to plan fall training and think about what changes you want to make in the program. Mileage will be staying constant in the mid 90 a week range, but intensity will go up this year.  Also, there will be more focus on core, strength, and off season speed.  To achieve such goals, others things will have to be sacrificed, like working.  But work is overrated and kind of boring most of the time and if I don't have to do it I'm not going to. Visa bill?  Who cares!!!. But lets all be honest here, if you want to get fast you have to put some serious effort into it.  I keep wanting to add running specifics but it seems so boring. 


I'm getting a bit grumpy because I had a bunch of nonsense that I wanted to blab on about and now I can't remember what any of it was.  This is what happens when you go to an afternoon baseball game in the sun and heat and drink a lot of beer.  You forget stuff, especially the important stuff.  I'm tired enough and so not interested in typing right now and apparently the best word I can come up with is "stuff." I'm pathetic.  Another birthday goal - be less pathetic.  And maybe be funnier.  No point in doing a blog thing if I'm not funny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment